If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (973) 983-5657

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The Affects of Relative Humidity

A customer in Rockaway, NJ called SERVPRO of North Morris County. They said "I think I have a mold problem". They described the problem as a "dark substance" on our basement wall.

They were perplexed because they had never had a water leak of any kind in the basement, but now they thought they had a mold issue.

We explained that, although they may never has a flood, a leaking pipe or appliance, it was possible to grow mold. 

When we arrived, we measured the relative humidity and discovered it was well over 60%, the baseline above which mold could grow.

We remediated the problem and advised that installing a appropriate sized dehumidifier should prevent the problem from occurring again.