Outside Fire LEads To Inside Repirs
In this particular situation, the homeowner has cleaned their fire place out from the ashes left over from a nice fire from the previous night. The debris did not seem to still be hot, so they removed it from the fire place and brought it outside and placed it in a trash can. Unfortunately, the can was made out of hard plastic and was placed to close to the side of the garage. The next thing they knew, the siding was smoldering and cause damaged to both the exterior and interior wall.
Fortunately, the exterior damage was minimal, but part of the inside wall had to be replaced, not to mention the smoke clean up that had to be performed.
A metal can AWAY from the house is how they are handling it now.