Can SERVPRO Help Denville Homeowners Deal with the Aftermath of Frozen Pipes and Ice Damming?
Frozen pipes and ice dams in your Denville home have you worried? Call SERVPRO
Frozen pipes and ice dams are the biggest culprits causing water damage to Denville homes after a winter storm. If you need help in dealing with the aftermath of such an unfortunate incident, SERVPRO is here to help you.
SERVPRO techs have the experience, training, and the right equipment to handle water damage resulting from frozen pipes and ice damming in Denville homes. You must take immediate action and call professionals like SERVPRO if you notice leakage from a frozen pipe or a leaky roof.
What should you do if you notice a burst pipe in your Denville home after a winter storm?
Before the SERVPRO techs can arrive at your Denville home to assist you with water damage due to a frozen pipe, here are a few things that you can do-
- Make sure that the water valve is turned off at the main supply
- Open the faucet so that the stream and pressure can escape when the pipes begin to thaw
- Never start thawing the frozen pipe in the middle as it can create high pressure within the pipe, causing it to burst
- Wait for the professionals to arrive before taking any drastic measures to thaw out the frozen sections
Can you prevent pipes from freezing?
While it is true that even after taking the best preventive measures, pipes can still burst, you can minimize the probability of this happening by taking the following steps-
- Insulate the pipes and other water fixtures
- Leave the faucets running with a slight trickle on especially cold, stormy days.
Call SERVPRO of North Morris County at (973) 983-5657; our techs are available 24/7 to help you.